Today's commE class

Friday, June 22, 2007

So I guess I could set the ball rolling by writing about today's "communication studies" class - as its staidly called in the time-table and all other such official documents. (Of course, as someone noted today, it's like no other class I've ever attended - NO note-taking, NO textbooks, NO long hours of endless listening, oh joy!!)

I don't suppose I need to go into the fine details of what exactly we did and stuff - I hardly think this is going to serve purposes of archiving or recording the various classes today. So there were four groups, blah blah blah. All that. Face, hand, feet and stomach. I personally thought the stomach was most difficult of all - but the problem seemed to be solved by not going particularly into the biological details :-)

Our group had a really fun and easy part - the hand. At first we thought each of us would take 1 finger, and then involve three other parts (eg armpit :P ) - but then, rather predictably, no one wanted to take the role of the middle finger (ha ha!!) so people chose nails, the palm, etc.

All the groups did a really nice job, I thought, and I'm hoping this is just the beginning in a long list of fun, interesting and atypical exercises we'll be expected to do over the next three years.

I also officially began my research on the hand and the associated words (through wikipedia, of course - all hail the king of online encyclopedias [encyclopediae??]) .

Have fun!


Neha

2 comments:

jrod said...

thanks, Neha, for that perfect summary of today's class! =) touched upon the parts which i forgot, silly ol' me! =P

apart from what you said, id like to touch upon why we did that particular excersize. to improve our vocabulary. to have an easy access to all sorts of adjectives and every-day objects - even our own body! might sound simple and primary-level, but honestly, how many of us really know all the parts of the hand? or the foot? forget the stomach! =)

Aditi said...

nice work neha!! everybody loves comm english classes, the thrill of coming up with something spur of the moment was jus aahh..

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger