Why write

Friday, August 10, 2007

Hey. All those who have posted on the blog, good. All those who haven't yet, do.



As your fingers head towards the keys, think: Why write? What does writing do that other things can't in quite the same way?



I am currently obsessed with the idea of teaching (the thrill of )writing using the (mystical) poems of Karol Wojtyla, who was Pope just before the current one. I am obsessed with the idea that between the world of work and the world of dream there is a bridge and this bridge is made of several kingdoms, fiefdoms, many chimerical magic-creature infested worlds of words.



I will leave you with Emily Dickinson:



A word is dead

When it is said,

Some say.

I say it just

Begins to live

That day.



K

0 comments:

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger