And I thought nothing was happening

Saturday, February 23, 2008

All you happy bloggers, good work. I enjoyed reading your posts. Am glad to see that your rooms have got more character since the exercise in class last week, or the week before, as it may have been. Hey, but grammar, spellings and punctuation?

Ok, this is what - oh no, not my room - I've been working on. Rapping up a Shakespeare sonnet. It's just the initial version, and only part of the sonnet, but I like the way it's going. After the tests are over, we'll go back to that exercise. Right. More - as the saying goes -in person!




•When I be alone
and got me
time to think,
I call me
up a taxi,
to run me
to the past,
but
it come loaded
with the nigga
of who I was before.
And that nigga,
he look at me
and he pull
the trigger.

I’m alone, I got me weepin
cause I shoulda
done that thing
then.

3 comments:

tinuviel said...

ooh wow ma'am! this is such a super version. sooo fits all the things we said rap was. and its got such a well-defined beat as well...and says everything the sonnet originally says and all...thanks for putting this up!

Prottusha said...

Ditto here!

K said...

Show thanks by doing your own versions!!

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger