Norro's room

Saturday, February 16, 2008


NOTE: I have a problem with sticking to the word limit.

I would love to describe my dream room to you but since I don't think I'm allowed to do that here I will have to just stick to describing the room that I presently call my own(or rather would love to if it were not for a fourteen year old homo-sapien who insists she is my sister).
Firstly the door to my room is forever locked.It always takes a great deal of banging to get me to open the door to this shrine and therefore the room door does not have words like 'your presence in this room is not preferred' written on it. The first thing you see on entering my room is a poster of a big, fat baby with the words 'Do you wanna coochie-coo me?' written above the baby. This poster has not yet failed to bring a smile. The only time it came close to not bringing a smile was when my friends came over to my house on my birthday to give it(that day I almost died of a heart attack).Well,a major part of my room is occupied by the bed. The bed has two pillows dividing it so that my sister has no doubts about her section on the bed.After a not-so-violent fight a couple of weeks back the bed has begun to have the tendency to swing in all directions whenever anyone decides to use it for any other purpose other than slowly(and very gently) lying down on it.
A word that aptly describes my room is 'messy'. There are books,clothes,papers everywhere. In order to sit you have to shift the clothes from the chair on to my bed.If you want to sit on my bed then you have to shift both the clothes and the books from my bed and place it on my table.Among all this mess you might or might not succeed to find a stereo player which I recieved as a gift when I turned thirteen-that very important age when 'I'm a barbie girl' is every teenager’s anthem. You will also find a backstreet boys poster(another gift from my friends, I swear) which I choose to leave untouched because it has a lot of emotional value.
On my table(under a pile of books, most of them which do not belong to me and have not belonged to me since I borrowed them when I was but a child) you will see a jewellery box. This is yet another gift which has failed to realize its purpose. It contains everything but jewellery. It has chewing gum, old school badges, passport size photos, earphones, christmas santa notes, etc. Another interesting feature of my room would have to be the feng-shui articles. There is a pyramid which is supposed to face a certain direction and bring good luck(I think). As of now it serves as a place for many of my things which are not meant to be seen by anyone. Then there is full-length mirror which again is meant to bring luck(I think) but now serves as a shelter for lizards who have lost their parents in near freakish accidents( I guess they should have seen that broom coming).
My room might not be the most interesting or best designed room in the world(or bangalore or even raheja park) but I like my room for what it is.The Britney Spears poster hidden behind the baby's poster, the pyramid made of matchsticks gathering dust on top of my cupboard, the old apron(stitched in 6th grade) stuck behind the computer table drawer all hold meaning to me(in a very strange way)(a very very strange way). And though I crib that I would love to move to Australia, own a beach house of my own and employ my sister to wash my porsche everyday, deep down I would never want leave my room.

4 comments:

jrod said...

i totally love your poster. and the last line. so... *sniff* touching!

:P:P:P

pyec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Norro said...

I know...I'm quite sure that small kids will be quoting me centuries from now...sniff.

K said...

"Norro" Dear, on the blog there is no word limit, and we love reading interesting writing, so if yours is, go ahead and write as much as you want.

This one was, btw!

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger