THE ATTIC

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Yes, I live in the attic. Hey, atleast it’s not the cupboard under the stairs! Well, it's a loft, actually and a lovely place. Inspired by the one we have at one of our cottages in Kodai, which was in turn was inspired by Heidi's loft her grandfather's cottage. That was one of my favourite books of all time, my dad's too, so I guess that explains it! As far as rooms go, it's far from conventional, no signs saying "KEEP OUT" on the door or walls covered with posters. It's just like me, though, it has a nice dreamy ambience about it, you can quite picture Wordsworth sitting on the windowsill and thinking about daffodils and gathering nuts in the woods.
It has a half ladder, half staircase leading upto it and a little landing on top, which is a lovely place to just sit down and watch your thoughts go by ! The stairs give the room itself an atmosphere that you would find only in a storybook, which is why I like it so much! My very own little stairway to heaven (which to me means fantasy land, yay!)
There's a big window with a beautiful view of the sunrise, an incredible experience for me, when I take the trouble to wake up and transfer myself from my bed to my table - top, pillow in hand, of course!
I have a writing table just under the window, which I put there more for its aesthetic value than anything else. Makes me feel satisfied when I lie on my bed and look at it. The times when I actually use it are spent feeding a particular little squirrel that sits outside my window. I realized in a few days that I knew more about my squirrel's food preferences than I did about my umm... education.
The rain makes my room the most beautiful place in the world,I think. It’s very close to the roof, so I can hear the rain and smell it too, when I lie on my bed. That is what I like best about my room, it has a very 'Alice in Wonderland' feeling about it at these times; I don't think I'd be too surprised to find a talking rabbit with a pocket watch either!
I have my CD player up there too, although I don't really use it much. My room, as far as I'm concerned, is made for a good book and a rainy day, as I already pointed out. For a while, I went about trying to decorate it and give it a fancy gothic theme or a gypsy theme or something of the kind, none of which worked. I think all the times I've spent in my room, happy, sad, exciting or dull just put a part of me in there, which no gothic motif can replace!

0 comments:

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger