Everybody Says I`m A Chink!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I see the world through tiny slits , I have abnormally small feet and my hairdresser...no he is Not on my payroll,even after knowing my very Indian name, asked me about my life in China! Welcome to my life where everybody says I`m a Chink.
Yes, everybody except me(who were you expecting).....I mean, apart from my features and genetic makeup----I`m not a Chink and the reason number one would be....I...Just....Don`t....Feel...Like.....It!
I do have a slight accent, I pronounce 'Papaddum' as 'POPPADOM' but so does Queen Elizabeth and Elton John(not that I want to be like him....in any way) but does that make them Chinki? Apart from certain mishaps like this, I have very few Chink friends, I don`t walk, talk(refer to the lines above), eat, dress or even think like a Chink! Hell, I don`t even like Bobos(slang for Chink boys....created by me, of course) or any other Chinks...for that matter.
My friends in college freaked out(one seriously did) when I met them for the first time and they learned that my name is Neha.....poor souls expected a name like maybe....CHOPSUEY.....I don`t know. Wait till they discover my other name is Laxmi(no I don`t use it) AND my parents AND my brother....ALL HAVE INDIAN NAMES!!
I`ve often thought about this and even contemplated on about me being a retard but then again, maybe all those who judge me are retards and maybe I`m the Chosen One, the Neo of the Chinks. No, I am not and Do not want to blow my own trumpet.....I feel like shamelessly blasting it..out of frustration of course! I mean, I know that Chinks are perceived as dumb and have a bad reputation for all the wrong reasons......but why generalise?? Im afraid I cannot stand other Chinks now because they behave in the manner that allows people to think wrongly of them. I`m afraid that this might emotionally scar me!!(heheh)
So as my conclusion to this post.....refer to my note!
NOTE:-
This post is entirely true and so are the situations mentioned. So, next time you judge ANYBODY on their looks.....stop for a while and think about this almost emotionally autistic child, who has invested so much of her emotions on writing this post!!

1 comments:

Prottusha said...

No comments on the viewpoint, but, very well-written Neha. I liked it a lot.

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger