Sonnet 30 - Rap

Monday, March 10, 2008

It isnt great, and I think I strayed a bit from the sonnet as well.. but it is my first rap so bear with me. I even tuned it! :D -Shilpa

All alone in my thoughts
I find them bittersweet
things past, things I love
things I dont wanna leave
I sit and sigh as the days go by
cause I dont wanna lie
and I dont wanna cheat

My friends, they surround me
tell me all their tales
cry on my shoulder
as if its on for sale
but when its my turn, hell its time to bail
thats where I think
our friendship failed

Passion, seemed such a mystery
until that fine day
when you screwed with me
I moaned and I wept until I could no more
I guess I realised
you were just another whore

And yet I cry about the good ol days
somehow the sorrow never seems to end
why do I love you?
why do I miss you?
tell me for the last time
my dear old friend.

6 comments:

Mona Girish said...

nice!

frizzball said...

geehee.. thangu!

tinuviel said...

hey shilpoo, this is nice! sorry i didn't comment on it then, heheh. nice rhythm and all u've got going...just one thing, i think the past tense of weep is wept...just check that...cheers!

frizzball said...

thanks tinuviel!.. yeah it is wept but i said weeped on purpose so as to keep the beat of the rap.. was thinking with the mind of a black man.. and no im not discriminating!:D

Prottusha said...

Hey, this one's really nice!

frizzball said...

thanks pro! loved your rap today:D

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger