Earthly Colours

Saturday, March 8, 2008

My room is not all that grand or fancy, its just simple and sweet (like me...hee..hee). Like my parents, i too dislike posters on the wall, as it spoils the look of the room and gives a bad impression to outsiders (honestly speaking..... i share my room with my relatives, who come home once in a blue moon and my sisters who drop in along with their husbands anytime..... sooooo i gotta open my heart and let them take the room, while i sleep in the hall) and that is the reason why no Daniel or Orlando bloom posters ever decorated my wall (sad story:( ). Okay coming back to my room, its placed in the right hand corner of the house, so its really cozy and cooool….. and no rules or regulations apply to it, so everyone’s invited. the wooden door of my room is in a darker shade of brown (my favourite ); as you enter my room, you will notice a lot of green and brown been used, as they are soothing to the 4 eyed me and it makes the room look simple and sweet ;)

The walls are painted in the lightest of greens, pale but beautiful. On the right hand side of the door is a bare wall consisting of a tubelight and the extreme end of it, is a door opening to an attached bathroom. From the entrance you will notice a rather empty looking wall, but its covered with two circular lamp shades on wooden holders, below it a wooden frame and beside this a big square window consisting of 4 smaller windows. the wooden frame has an engraving in Arabic which reads "Allah is great"; next to the frame is the big square window, (which earlier viewed the beautiful field and the neighbouring houses, stands now facing the wall of a flat constructed pretty close to my house..) its big enough to let my body out (but i never tried doing it cause its armed with grills). the window is covered by a light lemon green curtain (dad's choice but i love it). right in front of the window is my study table consisting of a small but convenient wooden table and chair, I sit and study here but most of the time read novels. Since the table is at the corner of the room, it gets cozy and you tend to forget the day’s work. beside the table is my double bed,(no guesses for the colour of my bedsheet....yup its light green but 2 shades darker than the colour of the walls....... ; ) ).

Next to the bed is a small stool and in front of my bed is the dumping ground, where two chairs are placed and piled with all my clothes (wonder why I have a cupboard). Opposite to the dumping ground oops… I mean the two chairs, are the in-built wooden cupboards with a mirror in between. Parallel to my bed on its left is another big window, which faces the east, and I can see the morning sun fill into my room its warm and bright light…. when the curtains are drawn the room is filled with the beautiful lemony colour, making it more homey and comfortable. I love my room the way it is, not more nor less of this and that… its just perfect, simple and beautiful.

0 comments:

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger