Niki's Room

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Well, let me just dive straight into the topic. The second you open the door; you get a view of pretty much the entire room. The first thing you’d notice is that everything in my room is either cream or brown. To the right is my bed whose previous owners were my Grandparents. An interesting fact – my bed was bought at an auction for a mere thirty rupees over thirty years back… Now that’s what you call ANCIENT!!! Next to the bed is a bookshelf that also acts as a bedside table. On it you’d find a few books, my cartoon duck bedside lamp, my phone charger, my earrings, watch etc… There are three huge double windows that face the road and almost cover up an entire side of the wall. There are two cupboards with a mirror in between for my clothes. On one corner of the room is my built – in study table. On top of the table are bookshelves that touch the ceiling. In spite of the many bookshelves in my room there are books lying everywhere! I also have a bed on wheels. It can be opened and moved around according to my fancy. I have an attached bathroom and balcony. There is a small tape recorder in my bathroom and I use it to listen to the radio in the mornings or when I’m taking a shower. My favourite part of the balcony is the pillar in the middle with a stony surface that makes me feel like I'm a part of the Stone Age! My parents don’t allow me to stick anything on the walls but I'm allowed to stick stuff on the cupboard doors. As of now, the doors are pretty plain except for post- it’s reminding me of all the things I have to do. People are allowed into my room as long as they don’t snoop around or comment on how messy the room is. Around the room are a few photo frames of my family and closest friends. There are also a lot of knick-knacks that I have collected or have been gifted over the years. I can’t say that I’m completely satisfied with my room. I haven’t personalized it at all and if I could change a few things I would readily. But I still wouldn't complain because my room is MY space…. The place I go to at the end of the day.

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger