:D

Thursday, March 20, 2008

This is a parody of the Hamlet soliloquy - that I had such fun doing. :D

I've only parodied select sections of the original:

"To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to.
...
...

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered."
The parody is:

To preen, or not to preen - that is the question:
Whether it's nobler (to mankind) to offer
the stings and sorrows of grinless grooming,
Or to take the arms away from a sea of waxes
And by escaping become unsightly. To rest, to procrastinate -
and by the idleness I end the burning, the thousand unnatural shocks
my flesh is heir to.
Yet college does make cowards of us all!
And so the native thickness of the brow
is scraped over, by the insistent pressure of the palm -
My bolstered bravery turns meekly away
At the toothless throb of the thread - hush, now,
it is time to pay! - World, in these moments
be my fortitude forgotten.


-----

Note. It's not very elegant, nor exact, and I'm not very happy with the form, that is, how it looks, but hell, I had such fun doing it! :D I like the idea, if I do say so myself.

7 comments:

Koonal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pyec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pyec said...

NObody asked u smart ass.

pyec said...

Srange how people consider it ABSOLUTELY neccesary for them to comment on things that they have no right to comment on especially when they don't even know whether to refer to themselves as 'I' or 'i'.I assume that 'most' people learn that at a very young age but of course I could be wrong.

pyec said...

You do realise you're a DUMBASS with an excuse for a blog?

Just checking.

If not, just so you know, you're a dumbass with an excuse for a blog and way too brainless to understand anything written by people who actually have brains.

pyec said...

hey...That's not fair...now these don't comments don't make any sense...hehe

jrod said...

I liked it very much neha! sorry im commenting so late. hehehe. bored one day at work and all that, if ull read my post. =)

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger