Music or Insomnia?

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Frizzball Is Shilpa.

Before you begin to get interested let me warn you that this post has a deceiving heading:D

Im not really going to bore everybody by talking about my sleepless nights, where I lie awake with a million thoughts in my head or else I end up in restless sleep, talking to myself or walking out of the building hoping to catch the school bus (happened before my science board exam!)
No, this post is not about my sleep-troubled other self, Vivian.
I thought I would talk about my emotions before I sang at Opus last night. Opus, is this place near college which has Karaoke Nights on Wednesday and Sunday. For the past few weeks they have been organizing a karaoke competition called "kroaking". Every Wednesday , 3 people are chosen from a huge list of talented, decent and drunk singers. The place is jam packed and a reservation is necessary if you want to park your behind somewhere. Standing is also fine as long as you don't mind drunk people coming and singing tracks from Jungle Book, amongst other songs with their arms around you! it sounds scary but, theyre harmless and as far as I know nothing has ever gotten out of hand there. I knew the day would come when I had to sing there, and being someone who has major stage fright problems, I am not ashamed to say that I was shitting, farting and burping the whole day. I was afraid that I would mess up, afraid that my voice would crack and also afraid of judgement. So, until the last minute before my name was called out I kept having second thoughts and just wanted to cuddle up and die in some corner. I tried to losen up by singing along with the other contestants and that did help a bit. Finally, when my name was called, I ran up to the platform barefoot, it seemed like I had gone on autopilot,I mumbled the name of the song (Bubbly by Colbie Caillat) to the DJ and in my nervousness began to sing the song even before the words had appeared on the screen, panicking I looked around and one of my friends told me to wait till the words appeared. By this time,I was hyperventilating, somehow I got through the song without making a complete fool of myself, but I had no eye contact with the audience cause my eyes were glued to the screen. My nervous reactions began to kick in and my right leg began to shake involuntarily as it always does when I'm on stage. It was only by sheer miracle that the judge thought I was good, and I mainly owe it to the amazing crowd who kept whistling and clapping throughout(even for the drunkards:D ). Stumbling off the stage I felt very relieved and was soon buried within the hugs from Meghna and Alexis that I didnt even hear what the judge said about me (bah, humbug!). After that I enjoyed myself thoroughly and it seemed like all to soon that it was time for the results of the night. I GOT IN!!! I came second and there are absolutely no words to describe the happiness I felt. Ofcourse, this is just the prelims but it was said that the Top 24 have free entry into opus for a whole year! (yeah baby). Even though i had been freaking out about this the whole day and for the past few weeks, things went off well at the end of the night.
Thats about it for this post, I'll sign off by saying that if you can't find me anywhere on a Sunday or Wednesday night, come to Opus and we'll have a blast!

3 comments:

Neha said...

what??? I work so hard and u go on and reveal the thruth about vivian??? Just coz i forgot to give you your medicines yesterday.....sheesh

frizzball said...

watever cowface:D

Neha said...

wateva chaanagi deh back to u byotch!!!

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger