Poem

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

OK...
It's a little poem that I've been procrastinating putting up. I'm not sure if the first part feels a little forced, but I liked it overall.

The capitals at the start at each line were intentional-although to be quite honest I can't remember why(other than it feeling right)...there was something else, but I can't quite remember..

And it's not "questions" because even though there are multiple questions I thought they were supposed to all represent one big question to God.

Anyway...here goes:

My question to God

Is it True?
Do we always need a little rain,
To make a great big rainbow?

Must it always be darkest,
Before we face a dawn?

Do some have to cry,
For others to laugh?

And when we ask you these questions,
Must we turn inside to look,
For the answers?

When we sit down to pray,
To an unknown force,
Must we pray for ourselves?
For you?

Can we pray for an unknowing, unseeing humanity,
To find its way home?

Maybe he said it best,
When he said,
“They know not what they do”.
We didn’t. We still don’t.

And when we do pray,
Will you join us?
On bent knees,
With clasped hands,
Doing the best we can,
In a funny, bitter way?
In a funny, bitter world?
Will you join us in praying
For humanity?

Will you show us how
To love and live?
Without punishing our mistakes?

Will you be for us,
What we cannot be for ourselves?

And once in awhile,
Can you send us a sign?
In a flying blimp,
Or a setting sun?
In a rising tide,
Or a sighing note?

To let us know,
You’re still there?

Are you still there?
Were you ever?


So...let me know what you think OK?
Thanks :)

p.s.does anyone know how to make the Hindi script go away?? Last time I just switched the option off, but this time I can't seem to find the option... It turned my title to Hindi...before I deleted part of it...(not that I wasn't immensely happy to see that script...before I realized I wasn't really doing it:P)

<3
Indu

1 comments:

Prottusha said...

I switched it off like a thousand times, but, someone keeps putting it back on! :X :X :X :X :X

P.S.: Wait till I ctch the imp! grrrrrrrr.......

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger