Green room-eeeeeeeeeekkkkk :P

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ok. So my room-in it's current state-isn't very reflective of me (except for the general mess), but I intend on changing that as soon as possible.

Right now(stress on the now) the walls are what I would call a darker version of cucumber green.
When you walk in, you find a single bed on the right, that usually has an old fashioned bedspread(usually with prints of elephants or a paisley pattern...or both). Sometimes this isn't all that obvious because of the mess on the bed(be it clothes that I tried on and temporarily rejected or files that I've removed from my bag). On the bed you'll also find a dark green sleeping bag(that I don't use anymore but like to keep out anyway), two pillows(one white and one blue-green with cartoon drawings of mice on it) and a wooden board wedged in between the green(icky)wall and the bed (I've never quite figured out what it is).

On the right is the set of in-built cupboards with a sticker of a hamburger(I'm told my uncle stuck it there when this was his room). Further on, on the left side is the set of drawers where I keep my clothes and personal items. At the moment it's neat with everything stacked up in little shoe size boxes and tins(although I'm not too sure how long that'll last). Just opposite that is the in-built space for the gods' pictures. My grandma keeps pictures of Krishna and the like there as well as pictures of her parents and my Grandpa's mother and my grandpa.

Next to that, in the next corner, is my favourite part of the room- my desk. The desk itself is dark brown and has a bit of graffiti(a barely noticeable etched drawing of a pitcher of ...boredom). Next to it that says," Mmm, supreme boredom served in a glass". Evidently I was very bored. On the desk is my special table lamp( I say special because it has the effect of candlelight, and because it can be turned around in multiple directions...some of which I'm sure I haven't even discovered yet..and because it has graffiti drawn on the inside, of a girl with long blue hair, an eye and I can't remember what else), and usually has books and a few files. Next to it is a little shelf where I keep old I.B papers and scrap paper(that I can't seem to be able to part with just yet). Next to that is a really tall stool that my grandma uses to keep her clothes for the day(picture white,small print , flower saris and a knee support)and that I sometimes sit on.Next to that is the door to the bathroom(which also connects my room to my parents' room). On the wall next to my table is a picture a friend gave me, a teddy bear hanging from a knob and on top of that are "stain" glass painting I did of Ganesha and a red-haired lady, years ago. The reason it's my favourite part of the room is because it's the closest I have to something that reflects who I am. It's where I study(the bed's too dangerous for "all-nighters"- too comfortable : P), so it's where I sometimes stick up sticky notes as reminders. It's where I sit down to write in my journal and any other creative writing piece I might be working on.
It never ceases to amaze me how a little corner of a room- that has a weird kind of window on one side and the corner of a wallon the other- can mean so much to me, yet it does. I guess it's because apart from the cupboard it's the few places I feel are like my own(that and I get to see as little as possible of that weird green colour on the walls. I don't know why I dis-like it so much. I guess after eighteen years of seeing it the same colour, it gets to be too much). I'll let you know when I re-paint it a nice neutral honey-cream :) Than I can really put up posters ...*wicked smile*

1 comments:

Prottusha said...

Next time I walk into some strange room, (in the sense that I've never been there before), I'm sure I'll know if it's yours or not! ;P

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger