'Pur'plexity

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My room is just mine. Finally. Until about six months ago, I'd been sharing my room with my younger brother who absolutely insisted on living with me in my room only to make my life a living hell, or maybe it was only because he was petrified at nights and my room has an attached bathroom, he really wouldn't have to traverse an excruciating distance from his room all the way till the bathroom.
My room has got to be the coziest corner in the house, undoubtedly the filthiest too, citing my mum's infamous ''It's a goddamn pig sty!!''. Everyone grudgingly admits to it being their favorite. Somehow it's just the warmest, most compact and lived-in. Geez i really cant stop with the praises can i?
You'd find a poster (rather something of a bulletin board) on my door enlisting instructions that have to be followed in order to enter my room. Not that anyone cares. Everyone just barges in anyway.. Bahh. My room consists of a single, very girly double bed in a corner. Adjacent to it are two in-built closets joined together, one side of which is occupied by a formidable pile of my clothes and some of my old answer sheets wedged somewhere between them. I think i can safely say that I'd bundled up each and every one of those clothes once upon a time and flung them inside the cupboard. The closets are alternately checkered with purple and white.
I have this compulsive need for my shoe rack to be filled right till the end, and not because i care for neatness, just that i don't like seeing empty spaces. I have a television too, under a rack of many, many books. Planting myself in front the idiot box is obviously my most favorite pass time. The bedsheet, curtains and walls are more or less coordinated with a muted shade of purple (which explains the 'pur'plexity). The dressing table, with it's entire vanity case supports a full length mirror in front of which i conveniently prance around. I have to be able to do that at least once a day, because it's kind of an outlet for me and it leaves feeling invigorated by the end of it. It's difficult to do that most of the time since no one at home quite approves of closed doors. My room has been the bearer of my paranoia, whims and fancies....ADITI

1 comments:

Prottusha said...

Would love to watch you prance! Hehe..... Nice post, btw!

 
These Is My Words - by Templates para novo blogger